Kim and Cocoa

Life with my pet bunny Cocoa.

Friday, February 02, 2007

continuous thumping

This morning, around 4 a.m., I was woken up by Cocoa thumping! His cage is in my bedroom, in case you didn't know. He was just sitting in his cage looking very scared, and thumping a few times a minute. I have no idea what was wrong. I turned on my light and looked around, but I did not see or hear anything strange. I tried to calm Cocoa down by talking to him and giving him hay but it didn't work. I felt bad for him! I know he was thumping for at least an hour, because I was up for that long.

When I finally got up later, Cocoa seemed back to normal. He was playing in his cage and eating hay. I wonder what scared him! Did anyone else's bunny ever do that??

6 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Gordon said…

    Peter and Bugs occasionally thump, but never for long periods at a time. It's usually a couple thumps, and when I tell them everything's ok, they stop. I don't know who starts it, or if they do it in unison. It's an animal's 6th sense no doubt, that something is amiss.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah that's weird Kim, I wish I knew why he was doing that.

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Zinger said…

    my bilbo thumped a lot - she just didn't seem to like me or the dogs and sometimes it seemed like she was doing it for no reason... but i would guess that with those big ears they're hearing things we couldn't even guess were going on.

    -carri ann
    formerly known as bilbo's mum now archi ann's mum :-) (and still ollie, lakota, riena and luthers mum!)
    archisantics.blogspot.com

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger BunnyLuver said…

    Maybe he was having a nightmare and when he woke up he was scared?

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hazel has on occasion taken to very suddenly thumping and getting paranoid when nothing is around. One time he did this for a handful of minutes but never for an hour. The only time he thumps now is when I'm chasing him to pick him up, but in a way it seems like a game and he's never very fearful of me when I do pick him up.

    the best thing that happened most recently is he ate a little box that had a clear plastic lid on it (meaning he ate the box and left the plastic lid untouched) and it sat there on the floor for a few days.

    One day as he was walking across the floor looking around his foot touched the plastic and since he hadn't noticed it prior it freaked him out so much that he jumped straight into the air a good 2 to 3 feet. Amazing and cartoonlike.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home